Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Survey Says

Today is the first day of the quarter and the school year here at UW. I, however, don't have classes till tomorrow. I'm not very excited for this year, but I still hope it will be good. Anyway, my friend Megan has posted this Beginning of Semester Inventory survey previously, and I thought I would steal it.

Age: 24

Relationship Status: Single, and very happily so.

Hair: Medium short, and in need of a trim soon (or when I get around to it in a month or so).

Current Employment: I am a sad little unemployed student. But I just interviewed for Monographic Acquisitions which went . . . okay. And I just applied for Interlibrary Loan (which is where I worked at the U).

Residence: Lake City, Seattle, WA

Activities: Currently, sleeping and watching TV. But classes (and hopefully work) will be in full swing soon. And finishing my MLIS degree.

Future plans: To achieve the perfect liquid line. Nothing spectacular--going home (hopefully) in December; graduating (hopefully) in June.

Currently reading: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier; Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie; The Iliad by Homer; Oldman's Brave New World of Wine by Mark Oldman. And I need to start my Westerns--Shane and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford--ASAP!

Currently listening to: The Suburbs by Arcade Fire at this very moment, my fall playlist, Tori Amos (especially From the Choirgirl Hotel), Josh Ritter, et al.

Currently watching: Gossip Girl, Glee, Modern Family, and 30 Rock
Also rewatching Gilmore Girls and Battlestar Galactica

Currently anticipating: Poetry Group, pumpkin beer, scary movies, and my reader's advisory class with Nancy Pearl.

Recently acquired: a new apartment and roommate, IKEA furniture (my bed should be arriving today), some more books...

Goals for this quarter: getting a job, staying on top of my classes, buying a weather appropriate jacket

Well, here I go again.

4 comments:

  1. I just checked out Rebecca from the library on Saturday, and am SO excited to start it. Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, I love it! I'm so glad that you're enjoying life in Seattle. Plus nothing like watching hours of Gilmores! Love that show. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. we all need to get together if you're coming in December!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm taking a film class this semester (all films from 1939 and from the 30s in general) and can recommend more Westerns. Also, "Gunfighter Nation" by Slotkin is a worthy supplementary read.

    Nice inventory. I feel like I'm ALWAYS doing inventory. Hard to relegate it to a season or reason.

    ReplyDelete