Monday, October 11, 2010

Silent All These Years

Today is National Coming Out Day, and while I've never been a very good activist (for anything) in the wake of the recent slew of suicides and the furor over the last LDS General Conference, I can no longer remain silent.

I don't have much to say about everything, other than that Ms. Tori Amos was the best gal-pal this gay boy could have. So I wanted to post this video of "Merman." Tori originally wrote this song for her husband, but she was on tour when she heard Matthew Shepard was killed, so she started playing and dedicating this song to him, and it took on a life of its own. Like a lullaby, this song is simple yet so comforting.

Who could ever say you're not simply wonderful?
Who could ever harm you?

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful!

    And so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elise.

    I liked how I said I can no longer remain silent, and then said I have nothing to say. That's good speechin'. But I just wanted to share Tori with anyone who's hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did have something to say; it was articulated in Gregory fashion: succinct and clear.

    I don't know anyone who knows you who doesn't think you're terrific, Gregory.

    Love you muchly.

    ReplyDelete