Saturday, May 16, 2009

Just Chillax

There's a wonderful music video that I stumbled upon featuring the incomparable Mary-Louise Parker for Charlie Mars's new song "Listen to the Darkside." Not to mention that the song's pretty good too. (And, by the way, there are few things better than a guy with a nice body wearing a white t-shirt.) I was going to try to post the video here, but there was a technical difficulty, so the link will have to suffice.

Anyway, today I was working on my chores, which I like to do with the aid of some music--as I'm sure most of us do. Usually, I listen to my energy playlist (and with the advent of summer, my summer playlist), or if I'm in a mood my angry shit playlist. However, today has been a bit chilly and breezy--I'm really not sure why all the windows in our house are open--and I was not feeling bitchy or in the need to be energized. So I chose my rarely listened to chill playlist instead because that's basically the mood I'm in today: chill. Anyway, I have chosen these songs because they are basically relaxing, but I don't have a lot. So this is where you come in. I'm looking for some chill, relaxing songs. The kind you might have playing in the background during a laid-back party where everyone is sitting around talking and drinking some wine. Something that strikes the middle ground between a loud, upbeat rock song--nothing too fast--and a slow, melancholic ballad--nothing too somber or sleep-inducing. Something along the lines of the Garden State soundtrack which happens to be the basis of the songs I already have, my favorites include "In the Waiting Line" by Zero 7 and "The Only Living Boy in New York" by Simon & Garfunkel. The music of The Shins, Coldplay, and Colin Hay. A few others I might mention here are "Pleasure Songs" by the Mary Onettes, "Falling in Love At a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg, and "Poses" by Rufus Wainwright. I hope you're ready to play! Ready. Set. Relax.

2 comments:

  1. "Poses" by Rufus Wainwright is a good one. I love a lot of playlists for various reasons, but I like the simplicity of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and for some reason, I really like it when its V-necked. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete