Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We Can Get Them for You Wholesale

So right now I'm trying to make a video. But I can't. First I had to buy an $11 DV tape because that's the type of video recorder I got from the from the techie kids. I then recorded my video. It sucks, but whatever, I have it. on tape. But then my laptop doesn't have a FireWire port because of Apple apparently. So then I walked to the Odegard library and went to the effing media lab which also doesn't have FireWire ports. Seriously? The Media Lab? What the hell kind of "class 1 research university" are you running here, UW? So then I then I came here to MGH where the iSchool is housed. They do have FireWire ports. It's a miracle. So then I try to import my video using Movie Maker from the recorder but it won't let me save it (or something) on a network drive, and since it's a school computer I don't have access to the hard drive. Not that I would really know what to do if I got the video off the fucking tape anyway. I've decided that, at heart, I'm a transgressive Victorian Luddite. And all this for what is rapidly becoming the worst course I have ever taken in my life. I have already contemplated flunking it this quarter, so I could take it next quarter from Steve. Steve is wonderful. His class would be twice as informative and half as stressful. But I am stuck with the Turtle. The fucking Turtle. I went looking to see if Voodoo dolls were even real tonight. They're not. mostly. I still might buy a stuffed animal turtle to stick pins in anyway. It could be cathartic. So this is me venting. And if you happen to have possible solutions to my problem. Well, those would be most welcome.

4 comments:

  1. I have no possible solutions to offer; however, I do have sympathy. I feel so sorry for you, Gregory. Wish I could've helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sympathy. I feel sorry for me too. After experiencing a slow-burning panic attack all morning, I think I'm going to pull through. I am looking forward to 5:00 on Friday. I'm going to watch Into the Woods and get smashed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can join you in that. I plan on getting completely smashed on Saturday night. Completely :D I'll be happy for your completion of your first year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out thefrisky.com

    Also, I'm sorry you were feeling emotional, Greg. It has been a hard week. I do hope your week of respite is truly that.

    ReplyDelete