Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm OK, You're OK

I decided to make a finals playlist that I will be playing as I prepare for my imminent psychotic breakdown: I think I might call it "The Depths of Despair." (and this is my explicit language warning. yay.)

"iieee" by Tori Amos
"well, I know we're dying / and there's no sign of parachute"
it's sort of like my theme song

"The Perfect Fit" by The Dresden Dolls
"Can't you just do it for me, I'll pay you well / Fuck, I'll pay you anything, if you could end this" I'm good for nothing too.

"Eight Easy Steps" by Alanis Morissette
to fuck up your life
"How to keep smiling when you're thinking of killing yourself"

"Livin' On a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
The title pretty much says it all.

"Woman Like a Man" by Damien Rice
"I need a piss / Wanna hate / Fuck it up / Come"

"Kiss With a Fist" by Florence and the Machine
My quarter is trying to kill me--it will probably end in our mutual destruction:
"You smashed a plate over my head / Then I set fire to our bed"

"Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush
Because I'm running up a hill, and if anyone wants to swap places, you can steal this moment from me.

"Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf" by The Killers
and I'll drink it by myself.

"Mind's Eye" by Josh Ritter
"My day might be coming, but yours is coming first / I'll knock you out of your day lights"

"Help I'm Alive" by Metric
Again, the title says it all. But here's more:
"If I stumble / They're going to eat me alive"

"Hero" by Regina Spektor
"I'm the hero of this story / Don't need to be saved"

"Mr. Zebra" by Tori Amos
"Ratatouille strychnine / Sometimes she's a friend of mine"
There are some people I would to whom I would like to serve this dish.

To those who have finals--good luck to us. To everyone else, you suck.

1 comment:

  1. I've either had too much to drink or you have because there are a few entertaining errors here.

    I think it should say, "To everyone else, fuck off."

    Love you, Gregory :D

    ReplyDelete