Thursday, April 14, 2011

Library Week

This whole week has been library week, and I just love that! The public library may just be the last democratic institution that we still have, for the moment anyway. So, show your love for your library by popping in this week--find a new book to read, check out the displays, even talk talk to a librarian. And why don't you read some of these articles:

Celebrate Our Nation's Libraries!

The Library Card as a Pop-Culture Fiend's Ticket to Geek Paradise


Librarians: Master of the Info Universe

You know who else loves libraries? Arthur and his friends from the wonderful PBS kid's show Arthur (one of my favorite shows as a child. and teenager. and adult):

Having fun isn't hard! (However, I'm not so sure about the friendliness of the Dewey Decimal System.)

In other news, I just ordered a new Pilates workout system and finished my first workout today. *ouch* In the two or so years since I last did Pilates, I have lost what little core and leg strength I had. This will be fun. Anyway, I decided to do this because my "Situation" is out of control, what with my love of cooking with butter and salt. It's tasty, but wreaks havoc with my waistline.

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting a workout this week, too. I've got to bulk up a bit before Tommy's wedding.

    ReplyDelete