Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blah

So I had my interview today at the Salt Lake Public Library and it went really well. The man I interviewed with was obviously gay which only helped me. Can I just say that every gay man (and woman) that I've ever met have been some of the greatest people I know--and yet I'm terrified of large groups of them: all those gay eyes on me--judging me; undressing me; then dressing me up again in a different outfit. Anyway, it went well and I largely avoided filler words if I recall correctly. My favorite is "well, um, you know..." you know? We bonded over Michael Cunningham, and he's looking for a position that will be the best fit for me, and I should get a call for the second interview sometime next week. I have great hopes.

My brother and sister are sick and I better not get sick too. I was sick right before the holidays, and I refuse to get sick again. So I've taken some Airborne and I will kill my brother and/or sister if I get sick. Seriously. I also feel, well . . . I don't know. A thousand different things. I believe Jack Black once stated that the three best feelings in the world (for guys anyway) are eating, shitting, and having sex. (By the way I learned the difference between profanities and obscenities today.) He then said the best feeling of all would have to be all three simultaneously. That's sort of how I feel right now--I want to eat (but I'm trying to lose weight), poop (but I haven't eaten), have sex (but I have no boyfriend), and sleep (but I'm not sleepy), and drive (but I have no destination), and watch T.V. (but it's boring) and read (also boring), and I don't even know. I thought about going to movie, maybe The Curious Case of Benjamin Button but I don't really have the commitment--it's like three hours long. I also want to talk to a friend I guess, but . . . I have nothing to say, well . . . that's not entirely true, now is it? Anyway

It started as a joke
Just one of my larks to see
if somehow I could reach you so
I swam into your shores
Through an open window
Only to find you all alone

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, I am sorry you are feeling such ennui! I am also sorry I missed your call. I was asleep. Sleeping off sickness. I am glad that your interview went so well. I'll call you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like your quote up there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't advise killing any siblings, I think you might regret it later, no matter what you feel now. I too am so so so glad that your interview went well, I've got my fingers crossed for you. Also--if you're interested in seeing Benjamin Button, I would be very interested in seeing it again, particularly in your marvelous company, so we'll have to see what we can arrange, mm? I love you, my darling!

    ReplyDelete