Thursday, January 21, 2010

Garfunkel and Oates

I find it really hard to be productive each and every day. On Monday I got a lot done, but it was like pulling teeth to do anything on Tuesday. Yesterday, I was mildly productive, but today I got out of bed after noon and haven't done anything since. Which is a shame since I have two assignments due tomorrow. One of which includes designing a research proposal which feels a lot like designing a science fair project, which is something I always sucked at. Fortunately, I don't actually have to conduct the research. At least I have a problem/question to work with now.

Anyway, when I feel spectacularly unproductive I like to watch these YouTube videos from a musical/comedy duo called Garfunkel and Oates. I first heard about them on TBTL, and I love them. I've posted some of them on Facebook which you may have seen. But here I'm posting my favorite four videos.

First up is the "Worst Song Medley" which I think may have been their first video. It's pretty funny even if I actually like of couple of the songs.


The next video is pretty funny which is called "Pregnant Women are Smug" which pretty much hits it on the nose. There are too many good lines too mention.


My favorite one is "Sex With Ducks" which is a pro-gay marriage song in response to Pat Robertson's statement that new hate crimes legislation would protect people who like to have sex with ducks. It was actually commenhater Bill O'Reilly who said that man-duck weddings might be down the road. Also, I think the guy in the video is pretty cute.


The last video here is "This Party Just Took a Turn for the Douche." The lyrics to this one are explicit as could be expected. I love how they take us through a list of doucher qualities while making some pretty witty references--everything from John Donne to Arrested Development to Margaret Sanger. The best part is that most douchers probably wouldn't catch most of the references.


Well I better get back to the books. Hope you enjoy the videos!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I feel like the blonde was in an episode of Pushing Daisies. As a girl who dressed up like a dandelion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I told my GYN-CNP about Garfunkel and Oates. She's hooked!

    ReplyDelete