Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm Moving to Seattle?

Today I was walking my dog and I was thinking of all the walking I hope to do in Seattle. Supposedly Green Lake Park is a popular place. I loved the Coal Creek Trail in Cedar City, and I loved wandering around town on dark, brisk autumn nights. Since moving to Bountiful, I have done far less walking. Anyway, it was just strange thinking that I am really moving to Seattle in less than two weeks because I can't even conceptualize it--mostly because I've never been to Seattle. I probably won't believe it until I'm all settled in and taking my classes. Everyone tells me that I'm going to love the city and that I'm going to do great at grad school, and I hope so; it just still seems like one of those fantastic trips that I for one can't believe I'll ever really take.

I don't really have a lot to say, but I figured I needed to post something now that it's September. I've been having a nice weekend. My family left to go camping in Idaho, which they do every Labor Day weekend and I haven't gone since I left for college, so I have the house to myself. On Friday I had a little going away party and most of my friends who are still here in Utah came. I was woefully under prepared as a host, but I think my friends had fun. They went swimming and we cranked out some homemade peach ice cream. So Friday was a bit stressful, but the rest of the weekend has been rather relaxing.

I've been enjoying a lot of television whilst eating pizza and drinking wine and beer. This week I got into Dollhouse and since Wednesday I've seen ten of the thirteen episodes of the first season, and will probably watch the rest by tomorrow. I am so addicted. And then my Netflix this weekend was one of the discs of the final season of Battlestar Galactica and it's one of my favorite shows. Things are getting intense and there was an attempted military coup d'etat, but Starbuck and the others managed to suppress the insurrection. Starbuck has been one of my favorite characters since the beginning, but she is seriously one bad ass mother fucker! Gods I love her! Lee, Adama, and Roslin are all pretty badass too. Anyway, that's pretty much all I've done this weekend is watch TV.

And later today, I'm going to go to the movies. I'm going to see Adam and afterward I may go see The Hangover or something else. I want to see The Time Traveler's Wife, District 9, and Inglourious Basterds. I'm not sure how good Traveler's Wife is but if anyone has seen it, let me know. And hopefully I'll finish Absalom, Absalom! this weekend. I only have two chapters (ninety pages) left, but Dollhouse first!

Anyway, Happy Labor Day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day to you too, sir. I dig the new layout. And I love Dollhouse, so enjoy. I was surprised to see some of Joss's recurring actors. I've heard rumours of Summer Glau guest-starring for second season, so I'm really excited for all that to go down. Welcome to the addiction! It's a fine one to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg! I was SO close to making peach ice cream on Friday! I decided not to though. I wish I had been there to make it with you guys.
    I heard The Time Traveller's Wife is okay, but supposedly they left a lot of stuff out of the movie, which is to be expected I suppose.
    I've been meaning to watch Dollhouse. I'll have to add it to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like the new layout too, Amber.

    Whitney, I wish you could have been here too! I miss you. And the peach ice cream turned out rather well; you should definitely make your own. I'm thinking I might wait and rent The Time Traveler's Wife. And you should definitely get into Dollhouse. It's as addictive as crack. "Could be a crackhead!" I definitely need the new TBTL t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete