Monday, January 3, 2011

Do Nothing Day

Happy New Year people, but enough of that. It's the first day of the quarter and I've already said goodbye to productivity, hello do-nothingness!

I mean I did wake up early.ish. I mean what is early anyway? And then I went to work. For three whole hours! And I just got back from grocery shopping. That was expensive. So I've done things. I even checked my gd email. And right now I'm writing this blog--you're welcome.

But before that, I set up my Roku player! It was one of my Christmas presents--the best Christmas present ever! (There will be another post about holiday highlights. Later.) Right now I'm streaming Netflix on my television! We live in a magical, magical world people. All my fears and anxieties about technology have suddenly disappeared. I just watched like eight episodes of 30 Rock.

So basically school can rot in hell, because now that I can stream TV shows onto my TV--I may never leave my apartment again. Ever. And later tonight I'm going to watch The Thin Man on DVD (from Netflix) with a martini. I get two DVDs at a time--I may need to drop it to just one. But there are so many movies I need to see for the Golden Globes and the Oscars!, many of which are already out on DVD, others are not--like Black Swan which I am DYING to see. I should go this weekend.

I didn't get any DVDs for Christmas because I didn't ask for any, except for Tori Amos Live at Montreaux (which I did get). So then I felt a little sad and ordered 10 movies I love and 2 seasons of Will & Grace. It's going to be a great quarter.

After I spend all day in front of the TV, I'm going to need time to read my GQ and Entertainment Weekly and then some more to study some poetry, so I think I'll just have to shunt my cataloging reading and lectures. You can't say I don't have priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment