Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Do They Do It?

Two of my major loves involve eating and sleeping, and when it comes to the morning and breakfast, sleeping always beats eating. My mom, godloveher, still makes breakfast every morning (which she never did, by the by, when I was in high school). Now this includes waffles twice a week and cold cereal at least once a week, and never French toast or buttermilk pancakes which I must say are what I like. I used to love waffles but my breakfastlessness high-school days have somehow turned me against them, and I never liked cold cereal--it's lame. German pancakes are another breakfast staple in my house which I also detest. Now it wasn't my goal to complain here. What I wanted to say is that when there's nothing I want to eat, I usually skip breakfast--or at the very most have a piece of toast and a cup of juice--nothing substantial. And then I'm rushing off to work where lately I've frequently been a few--or several--minutes late. And as you all know, I am Mr. Punctual. My love for sleeping in as long as possible in the morning keeps me from getting up early enough to make or go out to breakfast--which is a shame because I love breakfast foods. Well I love French toast and buttermilk pancakes and bacon and eggs, not so much waffles or cereal. And so I was reading an article in GQ about the best breakfasts from coast to coast, and it made me hungry. It also made me wonder: who are these people who go out to breakfast every day before hitting the office? It's so confusing to me, me who will do anything for a few more minutes of sleep. I don't even have enough time to grab a cup of coffee on my way to work which is a real shame. I am simply nonplussed.

Anyway, I'm heading off to Minneapolis next weekend for the STD convention and I'm very excited. I'm also expecting some rad T-shirts. Anyway, even though I will be in vacation mode (i.e., getting plenty tired and emotional), I'm hoping to wake up early enough to hit some fabulous local breakfast places with my friends before sessions and panels start.

2 comments:

  1. This is what I've learned: Going out to breakfast is worth waking up early IF you are on an expense account. Enjoy Minneapolis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do the research, I'll go.

    ReplyDelete