Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Politically Incorrect

Sometimes, I'm driving along in my car when I think, "I'm glad I'm white." And then I feel very politically incorrect. This happened yesterday when I heard this story on NPR. Persons of East Asian descent may be at a greater risk for alcohol-caused esophageal cancer. The so-called "Asian Glow" or alcohol flush reaction is caused by a deficiency in enzymes that break down alcohol and which can lead to this deadly cancer. So thank god the Europeans have been drinking since the dawn of history. As a side fact, the two ethnic groups who consume the most alcohol in the US are whites and Native Americans.

British comedy is genius. Megan already posted this on her blog, but I couldn't resist copying her. Remember those bad science videos we had to watch in school? Yeah, this is like those, but not.

No comments:

Post a Comment